The LaserMusicTechnology DataGlove was developed for Live Performance/show control using the popular Open Sound Control protocol. It uses standard wireless technology to interface with a local area network allowing low latency communication of a single or multiple devices. DataGlove can be used on its own or with our other wireless sensors devices SonarMesh and CamMesh, forming a complete SensorMesh Performance network.
The DataGlove system provides 5 high accuracy joint angle measures sensors. It uses bend sensor and pressure sensor technology to accurately transform finger and hand motion into real time data. DataGlove can be used in a wide variety of applications including, animation, robotics, virtual reality and medical. Data gloves can be bought singly or as a pair, and can be configured as left or right handed.
• Extremely thin bend and pressure sensors: less than 0.35mm thickness.
• 12 bit ADC sampling for accurate bend detection.
• 1 Bend Sensors and 1 Pressure sensor per finger.
• 1 Ultrasonic distance sensor per glove
• Complete 9-DOF orientation sensors (roll, pitch and yaw) for hand orientation; a 3 axis gyroscope, a 3 axis accelerometer and a 3 axis magnetometer.
• Matrix Keypad for custom user control
• 32 bit 80 MHz CPU 4mb FLASH , very low power consumption for battery operation
• Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n data communications.
• USB connector for charging of lithium battery.
• High performance Lithium-Polymer Battery for long standing operation (up to 8 hours).
• On board elaboration of the hand of wrist orientations.
Highly efficient 32 bit c++ code
Life Time free wireless software updates
Built in webserver for easy calibration and setup of Open Sound Control messages
Software updates can be performed wirelessly
• Complete SDK for custom software design.
• Example Open Sound Control Application with source code(visual studio)
• Example Wireless router (visual studio)
• Documentation API of Open Sound Control message format.•
Manufactured in the U.K.